The Cyber Social Safety Net
Locating community resources and services on the web can be a difficult task considering the
staggering amount of information search engines return. That is why we developed iSafetyNet,
the first and only comprehensive directory of both public and private community resources and
|Over the past decade, health and human service agencies have embraced
the Web as the point of entry for their consumer-friendly, 'one-stop-shop' style of outreach
and delivery of their community resources and services. The national social safety net has
quietly and efficiently migrated to the Internet with many community resources and services web
sites being added every day. |
|We hope that you find iSafetyNet a useful tool to help you locate the
community resources and services you and your loved ones need. |
- Doctor's Visit Without the Cold Stethoscope
- It can take weeks to see a doctor. Now, new services are linking patients to doctors via phone or video chat for advice about common medical conditions.
These telemedicine websites let people pose questions to a licensed doctor, paying $10 to $40. Some services offer free follow-ups and referrals as part of a more comprehensive treatment.
- Skin Care
- Dedicated to Skin Care & Aesthetics
- Laser Skin Technology
- Laser & Medical Grade Skin Care
- Surgical & Non-Surgical Procedures
- Cosmetic/Weight Loss Surgeons
- Airline Seat Guru
- Seat Guru is a free service that explains which seats to book and which seats to avoid on 23
airlines. It shows seat maps detailing pitch and legroom and location of bulkheads and exit rows.
- Sharing Mother's Milk
- Health benefits of mother's milk are well documented. Adoptive mothers and women who
cannot nurse are tapping into a growing network of mother's milk banks.
- Mother's Milk Bank, San Jose, CA
- Mother's Milk Bank Denver, CO
- Mother's Milk Bank, Iowa City, IA
- Mother's Milk Bank, Austin, TX
- Mother's Milk Bank, Newark, DE
- Mother's Milk Bank, Raliegh, NC
- Mother's Milk Bank, Fort Worth, TX
- Making the Name Change
- A few sites with helpful information about changing your name when you marry. It is becoming
more common for the husband to take the wife's surname.
- Legal Forms
- Social Security Administration
- So You Wanna
- Finding a Local Handyman
- The country's housing stock is ageing and more people are eager to hire contractors for
home-repair and improvement projects. Several companies are aggressively trying to create
networks of independent contractors around the country.
- Case Handyman Services
- Mr. Handyman
- House Doctors Handyman Service
- Service Master
Solo 401(k)s for Self-Employed
- More companies are offering 401(k)s aimed at self-employed individuals and sole proprietors of
businesses. Always check with your financial advisor or accountant before investing.
- American Express
- Charles Schwab
- Oppenheimer Funds
- Fidelity Investments
- Pioneer Funds
- Putnam Investments Management
- T. Rowe Price
Site Compares Drug Values
- A new Consumer Reports' site for comparing drug values. For each drug category, the Web
site - crbestbuydrugs.org - summarizes its
recommendations and also offers a more expanded report.
- Alternative & Non-Drug Pain Relief
- Recent safety concerns about pain relievers have stirred increasing interest in alternative and
non-drug pain relief therapies.
- National Center for Alternative Medicine
- Office of Dietary Supplements
- Mayo Clinic's Alternative Medical Center
- Center for Integrative Medicine, GWU
- Center for Integrative Medicine, UM
- Cochrane Collaboration
- Harvard Medical School
- Colorado Higher Education Resource
- Compilation of full and part time college programs offered online in Colorado. Updated annually.
- Directory of Schools
- Directory of Schools in Colorado
- Healthcare 411: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Healthcare 411 is an audio podcast series produced by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. AHRQ's mission is to improve the quality, safety, efficiency and effectiveness of health care for all Americans. Using the latest technology, AHRQ shares news and information in the form of concise 60-second audio news programs that feature current research on important health care topics. Healthcare 411 gives consumers information they can use in their health care decision making.
- European Organisation of Family Health Research
European Organisation of Family Health Research (EOFHR) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the health of all family through research, education.
The Organisation continues its work with medical and scientific communities, and the health care industry to ensure medical research includes family and supports family's health issues. Through education campaigns the Organisation reaches out to the public, sharing vital information about family's health research and policy issues.
ImmigrationCounters.com provides the public key statistics resulting from illegal immigration in America. Using the latest government and private sources, research and analysis trending data is factored at their individual rates of increase.
MicrofiberUSA manufactures microfiber towels, mops and everything microfiber! Microfiber allows you to clean with no chemicals. Simply use water and 99.999% of all bacteria is eliminated. Clean faster, smarter and safer with microfiber.
- Scientology Volunteer Ministers
The Scientology Volunteer Minister Program is a worldwide movement open to anyone who recognizes the world needs to change and who wants to make a difference. In the USA the hotline number is 1-800-HELP-4-YU. Each continental office also has phone lines as well as Internet referral sites.
- What do we do? It's simple -- we provide a place on the internet that
gathers information from ALL organizations and put it in one place.
We offer you a way to meet and talk to other parents in your area, and we
offer a network of parents of children with autism who can help guide you.
We don't compete with support organizations such as the local chapters of
ASA, etc. We work with them to provide you with information.
Medicare Part D
- "There are many, many pieces of mythology going around about this bill," Nona Bear said at a
training session on Medicare's new prescription drug program. "The most pernicious is that this is
only for low-income seniors."
- Medicare Part D is open to more than 40 million people of all economic levels, most of them age
65 and older. Enrollment starts Nov. 15, and benefits begin in January of 2006.
- Medicare's Toll-free Line: 1-800-MEDICARE
- Official Medicare Website
- Medicare Rights Center
- Center for Medicare Advocacy
- Kaiser Family Foundation: