State Health Facts Online
- Kaiser Family Foundation's site contains the latest state-level data on demographics, health,
and health policy, including health coverage, access, financing, and state legislation.
LIHEAP Source Book
- Has national and state-by-state information on LIHEAP funding. It is intended to serve as a
one-stop resource for LIHEAP advocates, policymakers and the media.
Site Tracks School Performance
- SchoolResults.org is a clearing house for state
reports on school districts and schools. The No Child Left Behind Act requires states to
report data for many areas, including teacher qualifications and achievement for all major groups of
- Find out what energy efficiency programs your utility and/or state offers to help you save
energy and money.
Traveling with Disabilities
- Persons with disabilities spent $13.6 Billion on travel in 2002, not including money spent by
companions, and the travel industry has taken notice. These sites will help with planning
trips for persons with special needs.
- Gimp On The Go
- Society of Accessible Travel
- Disability Travel
- Dialysis At Sea
- Independent Living
resources that assist parents & caregivers with future financial & care planning for disabled
children & young adults.
- State-by-State Guide
- National Advocacy Group
- Exceptional Parent Magazine
QualityCheck.Org; Comparing Patient Care
- JCAHO accredits nearly 16,000 healthcare facilities nationwide and has launched a new web site
that allows consumers to compare patient care among hospitals.
Reunions Online: Genealogy sites make researching the family tree quicker & easier.